Little puppies are as curious as babies—but
they’ve got needle-sharp teeth. It’s easy for them
to chew electrical cords, swallow objects, and
eat toxic plants, so look around the house very
carefully and remove any temptations. Be sure
to keep an eye on her when she’s exploring.
foods to avoid
You probably know to keep your pup away
from chocolate and more obvious toxins like
rodenticides. But there are other substances
that can hurt her, too, including macadamia
nuts, raisins and grapes, sugar-free gum,
cocoa mulch, and antifreeze.
If your pup pulls when she’s on a leash, consider
a head collar or harness until she’s trained.
She can damage her trachea by pulling
too hard against the collar.
Pick her chew toys very carefully, especially
if she’s a large breed. Some of the very thin,
rubber chew toys are easily destroyed,
and she can choke on the pieces.